I've been a Christian for over 20 years.
I'd love to tell you I'm an avid Bible-reader and church-goer, but I'm not. I think I'm more upset with myself about the Bible-reading than the church-going, although both are important. If I want to know God intimately, and know what He has to say about EVERYTHING, I know where I need to. And I don't do that. Shame on me.
I really noticed today how mean I am. And hateful. And resentful. What is wrong with me? Ryan tells me I snap at people. I don't feel like I do, but it doesn't really matter what I *FEEL*, it matters what people are perceiving. For instance, Ryan went with me to my podiatrist. I took my sock and boot off for him to look at, and he was trying to put my sock back on for me, and I said "Give me that! I can do that!" I thought I said it in a joking tone, but Ryan took it as snappish.
I don't FEEL snappish. I think I tend to joke much more than I'm grumpy. But I guess if people don't know that about me, they're not going to get the message I'm sending.
I really want to get a tattoo somewhere *I* can see that says "Shut up, Marcie." Because that's what I need to do. I want the words that I say to be encouraging, positive, and uplifting, and I fear that more often than not, they are just the opposite. I want to be one of those people that listens ten times more than what they say.
So I need to watch what's happening in my head. If there's mean, resentful stuff starting to creep in there about other people, I need to turn on the self-talk to shut up. I need to be able to change the direction of my thoughts to more positive things...
Because I'm a Christian, and I love my brothers and sisters. We're all made in God's image, whether or not we hold the same beliefs...
Hi, Marcie, I hope you're doing okay. I miss reading your comments and commentary on facebook.. Hope everything is okay in your world. Take good care.
ReplyDelete-Kathy